This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers who have subscribed to the services we offer (“you” and “your”).
- Certain information collected on registration (see below); and
- Optional information that you voluntarily provide to us (see below).
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us and information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including (without limitation) any blog, chat room, community, classifieds or discussion board. Because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy.
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you register for any of our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, then you may not register for and use any of the services. You may not access our website or use our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts. By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all its terms.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the services. If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
- 5.1 On registration.
- 5.2 Collection on use.
- 5.3 Optional details.
- 5.5 Cookies.
- 5.6 Web beacons.
- 5.7 Purpose for collection.
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- In accordance with applicable law; and
- At the time you provide us with any registration information and optional information.
7.1 Messages and updates.
- We may send administrative messages and email updates to you regarding the website. In some cases, we mayalso send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
We protect your personal information using computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to protect personal information, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes mentioned in clause 5.7. From time to time we will request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online or by emailing us or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we do take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned in clause 5.7, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- You have consented to the retention of the record.
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the menu in any of the pages on our website.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of any third party websites.